I Am Over 40 And Have Previously Had Eye Surgery
- Individuals who have had previous eye surgery may still be candidates for the new refractive procedures.
- Each person’s clinical testing will determine if additional refractive surgery is an option, and you will be advised of your options once you are evaluated.
- Keep in mind that once you are over the age of 40, you have started to develop presbyopia. This is when you begin to notice problems with your near vision and have increasing difficulty when focusing from distance to near.
- While refractive surgery might be able to improve your vision, patients who have previously had eye surgery tend to have more variability in their results, and will likely still require the use of reading glasses.
Here Are Your Potential Surgical Options:
Your Free Evaluation will allow us to determine which option is best suited for your unique visual needs. Most of the time, PRK is the best option for former surgery patients. Here is some information on this surgical procedure:
- PRK (Photo-Refractive Keratectomy) This procedure is similar to LASIK, except a corneal flap is not created. Instead, the corneal epithelium (outermost layer) is removed and the Excimer laser treatment is then applied. The epithelium slowly grows back as the eye heals, and ultimately the visual outcomes are similar to LASIK. The procedure does cause discomfort during the initial healing process, and the vision is typically slow to settle, therefore PRK is typically reserved for special circumstances. Cases in which PRK may be utilized include:
- Patients whose corneas are too thin to safely have LASIK
- Patients who have previously had refractive eye surgery
- Patients who have problems with the corneal surface
Our office offers free evaluations for this procedure and our staff will discuss refractive options with you.
Our pricing is all inclusive and includes pre operative and post operative care, all facility fees, and surgeon fees.
Ask about our cash discount.
Please call our office at (281) 464-9616 to schedule your appointment today.